Manufacturing Technology Tour – 17 September 2020Posted on Feb 13, 2020
The UK Gasket & Sealing Association has arranged a visit to the Manufacturing Technology Centre in Coventry on Thursday 17 September 2020.
The Manufacturing Technology Centre was established in 2010 and is an independent research & technology organisation that aims to bridge the gap between academia and industry. Their vision is to inspire Great British manufacturing by providing integrated manufacturing system solutions for customers in a range of industry sectors. The Centre can help companies manufacture faster, at a higher quality and at a lower cost.
The Manufacturing Technology Centre will give a presentation of their services followed by a tour of their facilities. Their services include:
- Technical manufacturing system solutions – help solving challenges
- National Centre Additive Manufacturing – developing the technology & systems to address key challenges within the Additive Manufacturing value chain
- Manufacturing Support Services – offering help with embracing latest technology to improve productivity
- Business Launch Centre – a hub of innovation for start ups
- SME Support – help SMEs increase productivity using latest manufacturing technology
- Training – up to date training on latest developments
The event will include lunch and opportunities to network with UKGSA Members and visitors at the event.
10:00 – Arrival
10:15 – MTC Presentation
11:00 – Workshop tour
12:00 – Lunch
12:30 – Q&A
13:00 – Depart
The event is FREE for UKGSA Members (up to 2 delegates) and there is an admin charge for non-members (£10.00 per person).